Join Friends of the Library
A Durable Friendship: Twenty plus Years and Still Strong
The Friends of the Library had their thirtieth anniversary in 2015. The Friends are volunteers dedicated to supporting the library. They support special programs and raise funds for library improvements.
The Friends' Commitment to the Library:
- Encourage community awareness of library services.
- Raise funds for items not in the regular budget.
- Sponsor educational programs and special interest demonstrations.
- Underwrite summer reading programs and adult discussion groups.
- Provide computer accessories and furnishings.
- Supply numerous incidentals.
- Increase the DVD collection.
- Increase the Books on CD collection.
- Purchase children's and young adult books.
The Friends have organized many educational and fun events over the decades. Here are some of the highlights.
- Jan Riggenbach, gardener and author
- Keith Robinson, local historian
- Phil Hey, poet, educator, farmer
- Jane Hogue, herbalist
- Yearly Christmas Open House
- The Christmas Collection of Collections
- Distribution of May baskets
- Tom Morain, director of Living History Farms
- Georgine Wessel, Naturalist, Monona County Conservation Board
- Storytellers, writers, poets and journalists; Read-a-thon and writing contests; artists, art, photography and crafts; antiques experts and exhibits; local history and genealogy; nature programs; collaborations with local schools; book discussion groups; the Hat Lady, the Herb Lady, the Basket Lady, the Quilt lady; more, more, more.
Be A Friend:
You can join the Friends and help support Mapleton's excellent library by making a tax-deductible donation. Make checks payable to Friends.
Donation Levels, Per Year
- Good Friend, $10
- Loyal Friend, $25
- Special Friend, $50
- Extra Special Friend, $100
- Super Special Friend, $200
For more information on joining the Friends of the Library, please contact the library by phone at 712-881-1312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org